The Cappie L Stanley Public Health Quality Improvement Internship, sponsored by CPHQ, is a paid internship to develop improvement leaders within the public health workforce. The target audience is undergraduates and graduate students interested in a career in public health as well as members of the current public health workforce interested in transitioning to a career focusing on quality improvement. The internship will last 8-10 weeks over the 2013 summer months, with flexible start and end dates.
The internship will consist of mentored experiential learning at CPHQ guided by an intern's personal learning plan that is customized to the intern’s specific learning and career goals. In addition to working on one or more projects at CPHQ, each intern will also learn from public health experts and spend one week working on a brief project in a local health department.
- Intern Pay: $8-10 per hour based on experience
- Funding is also available to cover travel costs related to sponsored activities, as well as books, workshops, and other learning resources related to the intern’s personal learning plan.
- Location: Raleigh, NC (when they are not working with their local health department)
- Hours: M-F, 8 hour days
- Duration: 8-10 weeks, flexible start and end dates
- The intern may be offered the option to continue part-time after the original internship period ends
If you would like to make a donation to the Cappie L. Stanley Internship Trust Fund, please make checks payable to the NC Public Health Foundation, indicate the Cappie L. Stanley Internship Trust Fund in the memo, and mail it to:
NC Public Health Foundation
P.O. Box 18763
Raleigh, NC 27619