The Cappie L. Stanley Public Health Quality Improvement Internship, sponsored by CPHQ, is a paid internship to develop improvement leaders within the public health workforce. The target audience is undergraduates and graduate students interested in a career in public health as well as members of the current public health workforce interested in transitioning to a career focusing on quality improvement. The internship will last 8-10 weeks over the 2015 summer months, with flexible start and end dates.
The internship will consist of mentored experiential learning at CPHQ guided by an intern's personal learning plan that is customized to the intern’s specific learning and career goals. In addition to working on one or more projects at CPHQ, each intern will also learn from public health experts and spend one week working on a brief project in a local health department.
- Intern Pay: $8-10 per hour based on experience
- Funding is also available to cover travel costs related to sponsored activities, as well as books, workshops, and other learning resources related to the intern’s personal learning plan.
- Location: Raleigh, NC (when they are not working with their local health department)
- Hours: M-F, 8 hour days
- Duration: 8-10 weeks, flexible start and end dates
- The intern may be offered the option to continue part-time after the original internship period ends
- Complete the online application at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8H6TDYS
- Applications due: March 13, 2015 at midnight
- Chosen applicant will be notified by: April 30, 2015
Center for Public Health Quality